As a result of the retirement of E Board officer Tom Eckert (Springfield Division), there is an opening of one position on the Executive Board. There will be an interim election to determine who will fill that position (ATU Constitution & General Laws Sec. 14.10). The term will run through June 30, 2020. Since we are an over-the-road property, our election balloting process is a two-envelope system by US mail. The following is the list of dates and timeline of the election process:
- February 27, 2018 – April 3, 2018: Nominations may be accepted through the normal nomination process at meetings at different divisions (date & times to be announced). In addition, if you as member is not able to attend a meeting, you may designate another member, or Pres. Andy Woods for example, to enter your name as a nominee provided that there is a second for the nomination at that time or later. The recording secretary will record all nominations and seconds.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 Springfield Charter Meeting. This is the final nomination meeting for the election process (Sec.14.4 ATU Constitution and General Laws). All nominees from previous meetings will be entered into the Minutes, and new nominations taken at this meeting.
- Within three days, the Financial Secretary will verify the nominees (All nominees must be in “good standing” with dues; All nominees must be members of Local 1512 for minimum of 24 months; All nominees must be within all other guidelines of the ATU constitution.) A “List of Nominees” will be sent out to all locations on Union Bulletin boards
- Ballots will be sent out to all members approximately April 10-12, 2018.
- Election day, Tuesday, May 1, 2018 (the day when all ballots must have been returned to the union). Ballots will be counted at 12:00 noon and will have election observers who will certify the election. Nominees may be present if they so choose.
- Election results will be announced that afternoon via Union Bulletin Boards and electronically.